What is my "Process" ?

 "possibility collapse", oil on wood
Well, my process evolves and varies from project to project but here is an example:
My process begins by combining 3D animation, film footage and photos of my paintings to create a short animation (5-10 sec.) I then use software that takes an audio signal (from a pianist collaboration, sounds on the local street corner, etc.) and translates it into a video signal. In turn, augmenting the animation into a visual symphony of digital distortion. 


Next I go through the distorted animation frame by frame until I find the image that most pleases me. Once I find , I enlarge it to fill as much of my computer monitor as possible and take a picture of the image on my monitor using a super high megapixel digital camera. This adds more digital distortion because the camera will actually capture the waveforms of light being emitted from the computer monitor. After that, I scan the image back into the computer, bring it up on my monitor, and do a still life painting of my computer screen and of course the image that is on it. I then take images of the oil paintings and make an animation with them! This film is then projected onto the oil paintings when viewed in a gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment